Damp Stop is a unique primer and protective coating that protects surfaces against rising damp and moisture ingress through walls and floors. Designed to protect surfaces such as concrete, masonry and general porous mineral surfaces to prevent the entry of dampness or moisture vapour into the built environment. Betta Damp Stop is one component requiring no mixing, while offering the advantages of being solvent free and odourless. Also suitable as an anti-dust treatment for aged cement floors and dusty cement screeds.
Betta Damp Stop
1L & 4L
- Outstanding adhesion properties
- 1 component product, avoids mixing and rapid drying wastage common with 2 component epoxy based primers
- Suitable for internal, external underground and immersed applications
- Can be sand filled for high build repairs (use dry sand)
- Solvent free and odourless safe in confined areas
- Time saving and user friendly
- Priming external floors before applying membranes
- Protecting timber flooring, carpet and vinyl against rising damp
- Sealing internal walls of cellars and basements against negative moisture vapour and dampness
- Sealing internal face of underground walls against residual moisture
- Preparing and stabilising aged and dusty screeds for floor finishes
- Priming Hebel and aerated concrete surfaces
- Damproofing surfaces
- Protecting surfaces against negative hydrostatic pressure
- Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used. Suitable surfaces include:
- Cement mortar, renders and screeds
- Concrete bricks, clay bricks
- Dense concrete and self levelling compounds
- Compressed fibre cement sheet and fibre reinforced concrete
- Wooden floor boards, sanded timbers
- Hebel surfaces and aerated concrete
For porous absorbent surfaces refer to Prep Coat Primer; for metals, shiny and smooth surfaces refer to Super Primer or contact Bondall
- General coverage as a vapour barrier primer and surface enhancer is 1 Litre/6–8 m²
- Optimum coverage on walls or floors against negative pressure and moisture is 1 Litre/3–4 m²
- Repairing and stabilising dusty screeds and aged concrete, coverage is 1 Litre/6m². Fine sand can be mixed with Damp Stop resin at a ratio of 3 parts sand to 1 part resin used in this type of application. For areas greater than 1mm, apply by spatula. Do not exceed 3mm high.
- Lightly stir product before using. Apply with a short nap roller or short bristle brush.
- Allow 3–6 hours drying between coats.
- Apply 2nd coat in opposite direction to preceding coat.
- Allow a minimum of 24 hours drying before applying finish membrane coatings or adhesives.
Tack Free (primer usage)
Dry Film (ready for overcoat)
* Based on normal ambient conditions of 20ºC, with relative humidity of >60%. As Damp Stop is moisture curing, cool or dry conditions may delay drying.
Primer-Less Wet Area Waterproofer is a liquid rubber developed for…VIEW PRODUCT +
Waterbased Bitumen Membrane is a quality general purpose flexible membrane,…VIEW PRODUCT +
BondCrete In Ground Timber Protector is a non Hazardous creosote…VIEW PRODUCT +
A unique polymer enhanced fast setting cement based mortar to…VIEW PRODUCT +
A revolutionary timber treatment product that is 100% natural, made…VIEW PRODUCT +
The Gripset Betta Waterproofing System ensures the most critical areas…VIEW PRODUCT +
WATERPROOFING SYSTEM Concrete Crack Filler is a unique solvent free…VIEW PRODUCT +
Peel & Seal Tape is a multi-purpose self adhesive tape…VIEW PRODUCT +
Admix Super Concentrate is a high performance waterproof concentrate that…VIEW PRODUCT +
WATERPROOFING SYSTEMAsphalt Crack Filler is a solvent free crack sealer…VIEW PRODUCT +
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used should be tested over a typical area.