A revolutionary timber treatment product that is 100% natural, made from clever nature based technology that enables timber to be unrecognisable to insects and fungi, allowing timber to look and behave as mother nature designed. Wood Cure contains no solvents and is free of chemical insecticides, fungicides and synthetic chemical additives. It is designed to be applied over timber affected by wet or dry rot, reversing the deterioration process by restoring the integral strength of timber as well as providing a fire retardant protective barrier to the timber surface. Ideal for timber with rot, aged timber surfaces and new timber surfaces as a protective barrier.
Betta Wood Cure
1 L & 4L
- • 100% natural, free of chemicals, biocides, insecticides and fungicides• Restores timber strength
• Reverses timber rot deterioration process
• Protects against timber fungi and insects
• Fire retardant properties
• No shelf life
• Can be finished over with paints, stains and oils
- • Timber rot repairs and strengthening aged timber• Protecting timber exposed to weather, moisture and humidity
• Fascias, timber eaves, window frames, joists, and doors
• Timber decking
• External timber structures and furniture
• Timber surfaces near children, animals, bees and any exposed timber surfaces to ensure no emission or leaching of hazardous chemicals
• Protective coating to damaged timber before Betta Builder’s Tuff Fill is used
Select the Gripset Betta membrane to be used for the waterproofing application. Surface must be clean, refer to instructions of the Gripset Betta membrane being used to ensure surface is correctly prepared.
Select correct Gripset Betta primer for the application and prime surface as per instructions on the primer label.
Once primer is dried, apply a liberal coat of the Gripset Betta membrane to the surface, ensuring enough membrane is applied to cover 100% of the rear corner profile. Note – Aim for a minimum 1.5 mm wet film of membrane to be applied to the surface.
Embed the corner profile into the wet membrane bed, ensuring the fabric edges of the corner are fully wetted into the membrane film. Using a flat spatula or brush, ensure all creases or air pockets behind fabric edges are pushed out. When applying, ensure enough wet membrane is applied behind the corner otherwise proper adhesion will not be achieved. Note – Corner must be bedded into a wet film of the membrane. Do not allow membrane to skin or dry before bedding corner in position. When applied, the corner should be tightly fitted into position, showing good adhesion to the surface.
Remove any excess membrane on the top surface of the corner by either brushing over the face of the corner or onto the surface.
Once this has been completed, Gripset Betta Elastic Joint Band is ready for installation.
Gripset Betta 270° Corner is available for outward facing profiles, e.g. corner intersections etc.
TIPS & FAQ’s
- To be used with
To ensure the job is carried correctly the products below are to be used as part of the guaranteed Gripset Betta Waterproofing System.
- Gripset Betta Elastic Joint Band: For use as the system bond breaker and to waterproof perimeter wall/floor junctions.
- Gripset Betta Waterproofing Sleeve: For use over pipes and penetrations to ensure a waterproof elastic seal is formed
- Waterproofing Peel & Seal Tape: Designed for sealing and flashing over non porous surfaces to protect against moisture ingress, vibration and flexing.
The Gripset Betta membranes below are all suitable for installing this product
- Under Tile Membrane
- Bitumen Rubber
- Cemseal & Fix
- Weather Seal