Admix Super Concentrate is a high performance waterproof concentrate that has been designed for use as an additive to improve the performance of cement based compounds. A unique latex concentrate, Admix Super can be used in varying dilution ratios to enhance the adhesion, strength, waterproof properties, shrink resistance, and general improvement of cement based systems
Betta Admix Super Concentrate
1L, 4L & 15L
- Concentrated formula
- Improves water resistance and waterproof properties of cement based compounds
- Enhances adhesion and flexural strength
- Improves crack, frost and salt resistance
- Improves durability and reduces shirnkage
- Water based, non toxic and solvent free
White in Pail. Dries Clear
- Waterproof admixture for concrete, mortars, screeds and renders
- Adhesion enhancer for patch mortars/renders
- Allows reduced thickness of renders and screeds wth enhanced strength properties
- Primer and sealing slurries
- Waterproof additive for bricklayer mortar and pointing compounds
- Waterproof addtive for cement based tile adhesives and grouts
- Adhesion bonding agent for renders and screeds
- Corrosion protective slurry
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used.
Dilution rates and mix designs
A. Undiluted – For high performance conditions, e.g. Immersed areas, Chemical exposure, Optimum adhesion to dense surfaces, Waterproof Mix etc.
Mix design for Sealing Slurry: 1 part of cement + 1 part of fine sand + 1 part of Admix Super liquid.
Mix design for corrosion protective slurry on steel (free of rust): 1 part Admix Super + 1.3 parts cement.
For direct use in other compounds – add liquid undiluted to powder and stir until desired consistency is formed. If trowelling, wet trowel for best workability.
B. 1:1 Admix Super Concentrate to Water – Used for high performance patch/repair mortars, feather finishes, low build screeds (0-20mm) where optimum enhanced strength is to be achieved along with waterproof, anti-shrink, and optimum adhesion properties.
Mix design for high performance render, low build screed: 1 part Admix Super + 1 part water to form mixing solution, then add to 3 parts sand: 1 part cement dry compound.
C. 1:2 Admix Super Concentrate to Water – Used in water resistant and high strength renders (minimum 10mm), repair mortars, protective screeds, high strength patching, concrete repairs etc.
Mix design for water resistant high strength render: 1 part Admix Super + 2 parts water to form mixing solution, then add to 3-4 parts sand: 1 part cement dry compound. Lime can be added ensuring addition is not greater than 20% of cement content.
D. 1:3 or 1:4 Admix Super Concentrate to Water – Used for water resistant render finishes greater than 10mm thickness; water resistant screeds over membrane systems; patching fillets etc. Additive for grouts and general tile adhesives.
Mix design for water resistant high strength render: 1 part Admix Super + 3-4 parts water to form mixing solution, then add to 3-4 parts sand: 1 part cement dry compound. Lime can be added ensuring addition is not greater than 20% of cement content.
E. 1:5 or 1:6 Admix Super Concentrate to Water – Used as a bonding agent or general additive in screeds, renders, mortars, pointing compounds etc to improve adhesion, water resistance, and workability of cement based systems. Ideally used for preparation scratch coat or “bag coat” before rendering.
Mix design for general render or mortar: 2 litres of Admix Super to 200kg of a sand: cement 4:1 mix or 1-2 litres per 40kg bag of Portland cement used in mix design.
F. 1:7 or 1:8 Admix Super Concentrate to Water – General bonding aid or additive to improve adhesion and workability for general screeds, renders, mortar compounds in non critical areas.
After forming Admix to Water solution, use as the mixing solution to the dry compound formed for the desired application
Drying times are dependent on curing of concrete mix
All measuring guides provided are based on parts by volume
Sand should be clean grades free of foreign matter
Designs are provided as a starting point, They can be modified or enhanced for specific requirements.
Clean up, while wet wit ethanol, methylated spurts or alcohol based cleaner (IPA). Will require mechanical means once dried
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Not to be used over wax/oily surfaces, steel, glass, fibreglass or plastic
- When using for bonding agent applications, ensure sand is clean. Fresh Portland cement should be used, cool and free of lumps.
- If lime is used in mortar, ensure volume is no greater than 20% of cement. No air entraining agents should be used in the mortar mix.
- If applying renders, screeds over dense or sealed surfaces, best results achieved using sealing slurry primer as set out as Mix Design A over the total surface and applying Admix Super enhanced render over the sealing slurry in a “wet on wet” application, e.g. apply render over sealing slurry while slurry is in damp state.
- If apply renders or screeds over dense or sealed surfaces, best results are achieved by first using a slurry primer (as set out in design mix A) over the total surface and then followed by render or screed enhanced with Admix Super Concrete in a “wet-on wet” application
- If Lime is used in the mortar ensure volume is no greater than 20%
Unit 2, 115 Belmont Avenue
Phone: (08) 6272 3800
Fax: (08) 9277 4068