Australia’s own premium quality, clear, waterbased finish for interior and undercover exterior wood. Monocel Clear Wood Varnish is quick drying, and specifically designed with day-to-day use in mind, providing superior protection for your wood. Monocel Waterbased Clear Varnish provides exceptional protection against abrasions and knocks.
Monocel Water Based Clear Varnish
2 Hours between coats
Minimum 2 Coats
10m2 per L (each coat)
250ml, 500ml, 1L, 2L
Paint Brush, Roller, Sponge, Spray Gun
- Fast Drying. 2 hour recoat
- Environmentally friendly waterbased solution
- Low odour and VOC’s
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent protection from abrasion
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Timber furniture
- Timber panelling
- Timber architraves
- MDF (sealed first)
- Most dressed timber
Surface preparation is important. Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces.
Timber must be weathered prior to application, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges. All previous paints, varnishes, lacquer and shellac must be removed. Ensure surface is cleaned of all dust, oil and contaminants (using appropriate cleaners/ treatments to achieve a varnish ready surface) Allow timber to dry out thoroughly.
ALWAYS test the product on a small inconspicuous area or off-cuts first to ensure the product does not react adversely with surface and ensure the product is suitable for your specific requirements.
Stir well fusing a broad timber or metal paddle. Continue to stir during application. Do not shake tin. Apply using a clean good quality, soft paintbrush, applicator pad or roller, or spay on. for large areas, use a short nap mohair roller.
First apply a thin coat. Leave to dry for 2hrs. Fill any imperfections, before applying a further 2 coats, lightly sanding in between each coat with 240 grit sandpaper. Always brush in direction of the grain. Remove any dust before re-coating.
Allow 2 hours drying between each coat. Apply a minimum 2 coats.
We recommend you give your newly sealed timber a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, dusting off thoroughly with a tack rag, before proceeding to apply the undiluted coats. Touch dry in 1 hour, for optimum drying in harsher weather conditions allow 24hrs.
Areas OF USE
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Once the surface is prepared, apply wood stain if required, before finishing with the clear varnish.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Testing a small inconspicuous area first is essential, due to the varied nature of wood & timber certain species have richer tannins builds, are softer or harder and various porosity /absorption rates
- Do not use below 10º C, or above 30º C.
- Good ambient temperatures will assist in the flow of Monocel Waterbased Clear Wood Varnish.
- To maintain the quality finish light sanding and re-coating is ideally carried out annually – or as required if the surface is exposed to harsher abrasions.
- For exposed, harsh exterior areas use Monocel Gold Exterior Clear Varnish instead
- Not suitable for flooring or areas exposed to foot traffic.
- Monocel Varnish is not suitable to be used in the application of tannin & oil rich timbers, cleaning the surface with oxalic acid or oil removing products may assist in removing the tannins, then a small test patch carried out to ensure proper penetration and adhesion is achieved.
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26
DIY Trestle Side Table
DIY Outdoor Side Table
Unit 2, 115 Belmont Avenue
Phone: (08) 6272 3800
Fax: (08) 9277 4068