Monocel Liquid Wax has been carefully crafted as an easy to use, brush on wax, infused with natural beeswax to provide a smooth long lasting matt finish, complementing the distinct charm of timber while maintaining the natural appearance.
Monocel Liquid Wax
1 Hour between coats
Full application 2 coats
Natural matt, wax finish
Paint Brush, Roller, Sponge, Spray Gun
- Enhances the natural appeal of timber
- Bees Wax formula
- Water resistant
- Long lasting wax finish
- Easy to use
- Easy to maintain and re-apply
- Timber furniture
- Timber panelling
- Timber boards
- Serving & chopping boards *
- Most uncoated interior and undercover exterior timber
Surface preparation is critical to the outcome and longevity of this product. Do not apply if temperature is above 35 °C or below 10°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
All surfaces to be coated with Monocel Liquid Wax should be clean and dry, free from wax, oil, grease and other contaminants.
Fine sand with 240-grit sandpaper, rounding off all sharp edges and corners and then thoroughly dust prior to application. A tack rag is recommended for dusting.
All previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer must be totally removed and stripped back to bare timber before coating with Monocel Liquid Wax. If the surface has been previously coated with Monocel Liquid Wax and is still in a good condition, the surface should be lightly sanded and thoroughly cleaned before recoating.
Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
ALWAYS test the product on a small inconspicuous area or off-cuts first to ensure the product does not react adversely with surface and ensure the product is suitable for your specific requirements.
Shake/tip the bottle before use to mix the contents. Insufficient mixing can result in inconsistency in finish.
If pouring contents out from bottle – stir to mix.
Apply liberally to all surfaces including exposed edges and end grain.
Once timber is fully saturated wipe of any excess. Allow to dry for 1 hour. Apply second coat and wipe of any excess AFTER 30 minutes then allow to dry for a further 24 hours.
For large areas, a quality short nap mohair roller is recommended.
Touch dry in 30 minutes. Allow 1 hour between coats.
Ensure surface is completely dry before using equipment or returning to usual usage.
If the recently treated surface will be used to prepare or serve food, allow 36 hours to dry and rinse/wipe down before use
Areas OF USE
TIPS & FAQ’s
To maintain the quality finish of Monocel Liquid Wax light sanding and re-coating is ideally carried out every 6 months – or as required if the surface is exposed to harsher conditions or abrasions.
Good ambient temperatures will assist in the flow of Monocel Liquid Wax.
- Testing a small inconspicuous area first is essential, due to the varied nature of wood & timber certain species have richer tannins builds, are softer or harder and various porosity /absorption rates
Monocel Liquid Wax may white in the container, some settlement may be visible – shake to mix.
Monocel Liquid Wax will dry clear, with a matt finish.
Can cause some surfaces to appear richer in natural colour.
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26