Bondall Timber Bench Top Oil incorporates natural Tung oil, to revitalize, nourish and waterproof interior timber substrates. Based around traditional oil, it penetrates deeply into the surface leaving a rich, easy to maintain finish that is safe to be in contact with food when the surface dries.
Monocel Timber Benchtop Oil
24 Hours between coats
Minimum 2 Coats
500ml & 1L
Oiled finish, may darken some surfaces
Paint Brush, Rag, Sponge
- Revitalizes, nourishes and waterproofs interior timber substrates
- When surface dries, safe for food
- Chopping boards
- Kitchen bench tops
Surface preparation is critical to the outcome and longevity of this product
All surfaces to be coated with Monocel Timer Benchtop Oil should be clean and dry, free from wax, oil, grease and other contaminants. Fine sand with 240-grit sandpaper, rounding off all sharp edges and corners and then thoroughly dust prior to application. A tack rag is recommended for dusting.
All previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer must be totally removed and stripped back to bare timber before coating.
Shake/tip the bottle before use to mix the contents. Insufficient mixing can result in inconsistency in finish. If pouring contents out from bottle – stir to mix. Apply liberally to all surfaces including exposed edges and end grain. Once timber is fully saturated wipe of any excess.
For large areas, a quality short nap mohair roller is recommended.
Areas OF USE
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Testing a small inconspicuous area first is essential, due to the varied nature of wood & timber certain species have richer tannins builds, are softer or harder and various porosity /absorption rates
To maintain the quality finish of Monocel Liquid Wax light sanding and re-coating is ideally carried out every 6 months – or as required if the surface is exposed to harsher conditions or abrasions.
Older timber may require additional care and coats to achieve the desired results. An oxalic acid wash and sanding can help to revive the condition of the timber.
Not suitable for foot traffic.
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26
Unit 2, 115 Belmont Avenue
Phone: (08) 6272 3800
Fax: (08) 9277 4068