Australia’s own premium quality, clear finish for interior and exterior timber is designed with the harsh Australian climate in mind. Providing good adhesion with superior protection, Monocel helps protect your timber from hot or cold cup marks, as well as scratches and abrasion.
Monocel Clear Wood Varnish Aerosol
6 Hours between coats
Minimun 3 Coats
300g Can = approx. 2.2m2
Matt, Satin, Gloss, Ultra Gloss
- Single pack Aliphatic Polyurethane
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent abrasion and yellowing resistance
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Available in convenient aerosol pack
- Marine trims
- Harsh exterior conditions
- External doors
- Outdoor furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most timber surfaces
Surface preparation is critical to the outcome and longevity of the surface finish. All surfaces to be coated with Monocel Varnish should be clean and dry, free from wax, oil, grease and other contaminants. Fine sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, rounding off all sharp edges and corners, then thoroughly dust prior to application. A tack rag is recommended for dusting.
All previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer must be totally removed and stripped back to bare timber before coating with Monocel Varnish. If the surface has been previously coated with Monocel Clear Timber Varnish, the surface should be sanded back lightly removing and lifted or cracked film and thoroughly cleaned before recoating.
Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
ALWAYS test the product on a small inconspicuous area or off-cuts first to ensure the product does not react adversely with surface and ensure the product is suitable for your specific requirements.
Shake the can for one full minute after you hear the pellet rattling.
Adjust the fan jet as necessary – keeping the can vertical (see illustration). Keep the can approx. 25cm from the surface at all times while spraying.
Spray with slow, even strokes, beginning and ending each stroke beyond the surface being coated.
Do not apply if temperature is below 10 ºC or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
The first application is a sealer coat. Leave this coat to dry for 4 hours, fill any imperfections and then leave to dry fully for 24 hours before applying further coats
NOTE – Clear out nozzle after each use by turning upside down and spraying until only clear air is coming out
Allow 6 hours drying time then lightly sand with 240-grit sandpaper and dust thoroughly, use of a tack rag is recommended. Apply a further 2 coats for internal applications, or 3-4 undiluted coats if used externally. Allow at least 24 hours drying time between coats. Finely sand with 240- grit sandpaper before each coat ensuring you dust thoroughly.
Monocel Gold Exterior Clear is touch dry in approximately 4 hours at 25ºC and 50% humidity but should be left a minimum of 6 hours to dry before sanding and recoating. Drying times are a guide only and longer drying times may be required in cooler or humid conditions.
Areas OF USE
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Once the surface is prepared, apply wood stain if required, before finishing with the clear varnish.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Not suitable for the application on tannin & oil rich timbers – (The use of a suitable timber oil is highly recommended for these timber).
- Do not use below 10º C, or above 30º C.
- If spraying, coats can be thinned with 10-15% clean mineral turpentine to aid application.
- If conditions are warm, thinning additional coats with no more than 5% clean mineral turpentine will ease application.
- Not suitable for flooring or areas exposed to foot traffic.
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26
DIY Trestle Side Table
DIY Outdoor Side Table
Unit 2, 115 Belmont Avenue
Phone: (08) 6272 3800
Fax: (08) 9277 4068