Super Primer is a specially formulated primer designed for enhancing adhesion onto smooth and dense surfaces. Solvent free and non hazardous, Super Primer displays outstanding bonding properties to metals, plastics and glazed surfaces, avoiding the need for solvent etching or hazardous grinding. Ideally suited for the application of Gripset Betta membrane coatings, adhesives and mortars to enable reliable adhesion to difficult surfaces.
Betta Super Primer
- Solvent free alternative to dangerous solvent based and etch primers
- Bonds to variety of metals, plastics, glazes, smooth and dense surfaces
- Free of dangerous odours
- Super adhesion properties
- Excellent water resistance
- Fast drying
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Can be directly covered with Betta membranes or adhesives and mortars
- Time saving, user friendly and environmentally safe
- Metal primer for internal and external areas
- Bonding directly to existing tiles without need for removal or grinding
- Priming over plastic surfaces
- Preparing trowel finished and smooth concrete for adhesives and coatings
- Priming over non porous, smooth or shiny surfaces
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used.
Stir product well before using. Apply with a long bristle brush or short nap roller. General coverage is 1 litre/10m2 on general smooth even surfaces. On uneven rougher surfaces this may reduce to 1 litre/8m2 Before applying on metals, plastics or glazed surfaces, ensure all solvent or film residues are removed using a degreaser or similar.
Tack Free 20-40 minutes
Dry Film 30-60 minutes
Once dried, apply finish coat or adhesive within 48 hours. Do not leave exposed to UV for greater than 48 hours before applying finish product.
Clean up in water while wet. Once product has dried it needs to be removed mechanically.
Areas OF USE
TIPS & FAQ’s
- Do not apply externally when rain is imminent
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion
- Clean away surface residues from metals, glazed and plastic surfaces
- Do not apply over sealants such as silicon, polyurethane etc.
- Primer must be dried before over coating with finishes
- Not to be applied when surface temperature is below 100C or above 350C
- This product is a primer and is part of the Gripset Betta waterproofing system.
- For all waterproofing applications, this must be used in conjunction with the Gripset Betta range of waterproofing products.
- Not to be left exposed as finished membrane or sealer
- Not to be used as a membrane
- Do not leave exposed to UV for greater than 48 hours before applying finish product.
DIY Trestle Side Table
DIY Outdoor Side Table
Get our Coverage Calculator
Available FREE ofor Apple & Android phones
Unit 2, 115 Belmont Avenue
Phone: (08) 6272 3800
Fax: (08) 9277 4068