Silasec - Waterproofing Cement Paint
Bondall Silasec is a unique concentrated waterproofer which forms a permanent waterproof barrier on masonry and concrete surfaces. It is capable of handling hydrostatic pressure from both sides and can be applied under wet conditions.
Silasec is non flexible and contains Calcium Chloride.
Clean surface thoroughly to remove contaminants. Do not attempt to waterproof an unsound surface.
If concrete is smooth the surface should be acid-etched. If acids or detergents are used ensure such materials are removed from the surface and are neutralised before commencing. Before applying saturate the surface with water to minimise its porosity.
For use as a Cement Paint. By volume, mix 1 part Silasec : 5 parts water : 7 parts fresh GP Portland cement. Add 1 part of BondCrete to the paint to help adhesion.
Apply a minimum of three coats at 24-hour intervals.
Saturate each surface with water before application and only apply to a damp surface. If desired final coat can be coloured with oxides.
Features & Benefits
- Forms a permanent waterproofing barrier
- Waterproofs cement repair putty
- Can be used on above or below ground applications
- Can be used on interior or exterior applications
- Fish ponds
- Weeping surfaces
- Concrete water tanks
- Septic tanks
- Retaining walls
- Concrete floors
- Waterproofing admix
- Renders above/below ground level
- Potable drinking water
Note: Use GP Portland cement onlyEquivalent or similar cements are not suitable.
- For fish ponds, water must be neutralised and stabilised before replacing or introducing fish. For water tanks flush and rinse well 24 hours prior to filling with water.
- Do not add any clay or lime to the mix.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 8°C. If weather is hot apply during cooler
- Stir and mix well before and during use.
- Apply in thin coats. Heavy coating may cause the surface to crack or become powdery.
- Mist coat the surface every half an hour after application of every coat, up to 4 hours.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26