Paving & Concrete Sealer
Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer is a hard wearing, water based clear finish. It will provide excellent protection from staining and soiling and it is extremely trafficable. Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer will dust proof, stabilize and enhance the natural colour of the substrate.
Surface preparation is critical. It is advisable to allow a minimum of 6 weeks exposure before sealing onto any newly laid surface. Areas affected by efflorescence, grease, mould or bore stain should be treated with the appropriate Bondall cleaning product. Ensure all surfaces to be sealed with Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer are clean, dry and free from dust and other contaminants. Any stains present will become more apparent once sealed.
Allow new concrete to age/cure. Typically allow 7 days for each 25mm thickness. Generally, concrete takes 28 days to cure to 90% of full strength.
While a surface that has been cleaned with a high pressure water jet or saturated with water may look dry, we recommend that it be allowed to dry for a minimum of 3 days before sealing as the substrate may still contain a lot of moisture.
Surfaces cleaned with acid based products need to be totally neutralized as any acid residue present will attack the coating.
Stir well before and during use. DO NOT SHAKE the contents as shaking will produce air bubbles which may become trapped on the surface.
Proper penetration of the first coat is very important. do not allow pooling, this will lead to coating forming a white, milky film.
Apply 1 coat diluted 10-15% by volume with water by brush, roller or spray. Allow to dry for a minimum of 24 hours before applying an undiluted second coat. Over application will increase sheen and slip level.
Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer is touch dry in approximately 2-3 hours at 25ºC but should be left a minimum of 24 hours to dry before re-coating under favourable conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Hard wearing
- Dust proofs
- Enhances natural colour of surfaces
- Protects from staining and soiling
- Highly trafficable
- Interior and exterior use
- Interior paving
- Exterior Paving
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer is not recommended for use around wet areas i.e. swimming pools.
- Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer is not recommended for use on high density pavers, large format pavers and reconstituted limestone pavers etc. To seal these we suggest Bondall Natural Finish Sealer.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10ºC or above 35°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours as this could lead to whitening of the coating.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
- Over application may increase sheen and slip level.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26