Before using bondall PondTite Waterproofing Pond sealer, please follow these special instructions to ensure the surface area is prepared correctly. All other instructions are on the product label and must be carefully followed.
The overall performance of this product relies on the correct preparation, application to high quality surfaces only and adherence to the instructions provided. This product will not correct any structural issues in relation to a water feature.
Bondall PondTite Waterproofing Pond sealer must be applied to a porous surface. We do not recommend its use in swim- ming pools, spas or on glass, fibreglass, glazed or semi-glazed surfaces, plastic, metal, wood, stones or pebbles. We do not recommend applying over an oil or acrylic sealed surface or for use with other “Tite” products.
Joints & corners:
- For corners and joints, use bond breaking tape (eg 18mm vinyl electrical tape), allowing the tape to bridge the joint or corner with equal amounts on either side.
- Embed reinforcing fabric (bondall PolyWeave) into a generous 75mm-wide coat applied adjacent to and across the tape, ensuring air bubbles are removed from beneath the fabric.
- Allow to dry, and then apply another coat over the taped and fabric area.
- Allow to dry, and then apply another 2 coats to the entire surface area.
- Allow pond to dry for at least 72 hours before checking for renewable moisture.
- Check for renewable moisture prior to the application of PondTite.
- Tape all edges of a sheet of plastic to an area in the pond.
- Leave for at least 2 hours and check, if the plastic or surface is damp or shows signs of moisture then bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner must be used prior to the use of PondTite.
New concrete surfaces (eg sand/cement renders, concrete blocks, bricks, fibre cement sheeting):
- Cure for at least 72 hours
- Clean thoroughly to remove any laitance, apply 2 coats of bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner in accordance with the directions.
- Allow to dry and then apply 2 coats of PondTite as per the directions to the entire surface.
Sandstone/Limestone surfaces (eg aerated concrete, besser blocks, pitted surfaces):
- Due to the porous and pitted nature of these substrates we recommend 2 Hydrocrete sbR (1 Hydrocrete: 1 cement) slurry coats be applied to a lightly dampened surface, this will give a more suitable substrate for the application of the bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner and PondTite.
Existing / mature masonry surfaces:
- Check for renewable moisture.
- Remove any algal or fungal growth with bondall moss & mould Eliminator.
- Apply bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner in accordance with the directions and allow to dry.
- Apply 2 coats of PondTite as per the directions to the entire surface.
Previously coated or painted surfaces:
- Completely remove previous coatings right back to the original surface layer.
- Apply 2 coats of bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner in accordance with the directions.
- Allow to dry, and then apply 2 coats of PondTite as per the directions to the entire surface area.
For questions or advice about the application of PondTite Waterproofing Pond sealer please contact: Bondall advisory service Toll free 1800 810 123 or (08) 9277 6844
- Ensure surface is structurally sound. Remove any previous coatings right back to the original layer. surface should be free from dirt, dust, salts, grease, oil or other contaminants.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10c, if humidity is high or if rain is expected.
- Carefully prepare the surface. (for a list of unsuitable surfaces, please refer to the special instructions on the bondall website).
- Ensure surface is free from any sharp edges or ‘dags’.
- If renewable moisture is present or if in doubt of surface condition or adhesion, bondall Epoxy Prep surface conditioner is required.
- Fill any holes or cracks with a fine sand/cement mortar (bondall Hydrocrete recommended), thoroughly worked into the area.
- Clean thoroughly to ensure surface is free from dirt, dust, salts, grease, oil or other contaminants.
- If uncertain of surface preparation requirements, surface conditions or surface suitability of product, please contact the bondall Advisory service on Toll Free 1800 810 123 or (08) 9277 6844.
- Stir PondTite slowly with a broad blade or paddle. Do not shake can.
- Use a medium to firm-bristle, quality paint brush.
- Apply directly from the can as dilution is generally not necessary but in warm conditions, to aid application dilute by no more than 5% using clean water.
- Apply a substantially thicker coating than paint, avoiding excess build-up in corners. Ensuring no bubbles are left.
- Apply first coat and allow overnight drying or longer if conditions are cold, damp or humid. Do not exceed 72 hours before application of second coat.
- Apply second coat at right angles to first coat.
- If covering pond allow sufficient air flow while drying.
Filling The pond:
- Allow at least 7 full days drying time before allowing water to come in contact with the coating. Allow longer drying times in cold, damp or humid conditions.
- After 7 full days drying mix a small amount of dishwashing liquid with clean water in a bucket and sponge surface with soapy water to remove any pondTite residue.
- Rinse pond thoroughly with fresh, clean water, removing all traces of the detergent.
- Fill pond with clean water and leave for 1 – 2 days.
- Empty pond and refill with clean water again.
- Before adding fish or plants, carefully follow water conditioning instructions from fish or aquaculture suppliers.
- Allow overnight drying or longer if conditions are cold, damp or humid. Do not exceed 72 hours before application of second coat.
- Allow 24 hours curing before using a flexible, rubber cement or water based tile adhesive as per manufacturer’s instructions.