- Ensure surface is structurally sound. Remove any previous coatings right back to the original layer. Surface should be free from dirt, dust, salts, grease, oil or other contaminants.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10 degrees C, if humidity is high or if rain is expected.
- Carefully prepare the surface.
- Ensure surface is free from any sharp edges or ‘dags’.
- If renewable moisture is present or if in doubt of surface condition or adhesion, bondall Epoxy prep surface conditioner is required.
- Fill any holes or cracks with a fine sand/cement mortar (Bondall Hydrocrete recommended), thoroughly worked into the area.
- Clean thoroughly to ensure surface is free from dirt, dust, salts, grease, oil or other contaminants.
- If uncertain of surface preparation requirements, surface conditions or suitability of product, please refer to special instructions on bondall’s website www.bondall.com or contact the Bondall Advisory service on Toll Free 1800 810 123 or (08) 6272 3800.
- Stir AquaTite slowly with a broad blade or paddle. Do not shake can.
- Use a medium to firm-bristle, quality paint brush.
- Apply directly from the can as dilution is generally not necessary but in warm conditions, to aid application dilute by no more than 5% using clean water.
- Apply a substantially thicker coating than paint, avoiding excess build-up in corners. Ensuring no bubbles are left.
- Apply first coat and allow overnight drying or longer if conditions are cold, damp or humid. Do not exceed 72 hours before application of second coat.
- Apply second coat at right angles to first coat.
- If covering pond allow sufficient air flow while drying.
Filling The pond:
- Allow at least 7 full days drying time before allowing water to come in contact with the coating. Allow longer drying times in cold, damp or humid conditions.
- After 7 full days drying mix a small amount of dishwashing liquid with clean water in a bucket and sponge surface with soapy water to remove any pondTite residue.
- Rinse pond thoroughly with fresh, clean water, removing all traces of the detergent.
- Fill pond with clean water and leave for 1 – 2 days.
- Empty pond and refill with clean water again.
- Before adding fish or plants, carefully follow water conditioning instructions from fish or aquaculture suppliers.
- Allow overnight drying or longer if conditions are cold, damp or humid. Do not exceed 72 hours before application of second coat.
- Allow 24 hours curing before using a flexible, rubber cement or water based tile adhesive as per manufacturer’s instructions.