Paving & Concrete Sealer MATT
Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer Matt is a revolutionary penetrating and film forming water-based sealer. It will seal, bind, protect and repel moisture from most horizontal and vertical masonry surfaces while still retaining a clear, natural look. Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer Matt is suitable for most interior and exterior use and in most instances will resist algal and fungal growth.
Ideal for sealing concrete, clay, natural stone, brickwork, large format pavers and reconstituted limestone pavers on patios and around swimming pools and driveways. The penetrating properties of the product make it ideal for sealing most masonry sur-faces to reduce efflorescence in certain instances
Surface preparation is critical. It is advisable to allow a minimum of six weeks exposure before sealing onto any newly laid surface. Areas aﬀected by eﬄorescence, grease, mould or bore stain should be treated with the appropriate Bondall cleaning products. Ensure all surfaces to be sealed with Bondall Paving & Concrete Sealer MATT are clean, dry and free from dust and other contaminants. Any stains present will become more apparent once sealed.
Allow new concrete to age/cure. Typically allow 7 days for each 25mm thickness. Generally concrete takes 28 days to cure to 90% of full strength.
While a surface that has been cleaned with a high pressure water jet or saturated with water may look dry we recommend that it be allowed to dry for a minimum of 3 days before sealing as the substrate may still contain a lot of moisture.
Surfaces cleaned with acid based products needs to be totally neutralised, as any acid residue present will attack the coating.
Stir the contents well before and during use. DO NOT SHAKE as shaking will produce air bubbles which may become trapped on the surface.
Apply by low pressure spray (preferred), brush or roller. Proper penetration of the ﬁrst coat is very important. On horizontal surfaces, do not allow pooling as this will lead to an uneven ﬁnish.
Apply a second coat immediately after the ﬁrst coat has been absorbed by the surface. This is termed a "wet-in-wet" application. The object is to saturate the surface to allow better penetration.
The number of applications depends on the permeability of the substrate. Generally only one "wet-in-wet" application is enough but for very permeable limestone, two or more "wet-in-wet" coats may be required. Additional coats must be applied immediately after the previous coat has been absorbed.
Drying time may vary depending on substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Water resistant
- Seals, binds and protects most masonry surfaces
- Assists with reducing efflorescence
- Resists algal and fungal growth
- Enhances natural colour of surface
- For horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Interior and exterior use
- Sealing concrete
- Natural stone
- Large format paving
- Reconstituted limestone pavers
Areas Of Use
Matt to Low Sheen Finish. Will vary depending on substrate, porosity application techniques.
UV Protection Level
- Paving & Concrete Sealer is only recommended for concrete, pavers or concrete based surface and stone.
- Anti- slip additive such as polypropylene beads can be broadcasted over the first coat while wet, following the directions on the packet, always test before use.
- Always ensure the surface is thoroughly dry before sealing. Drying times after washing/cleaning will vary between method and surface and current weather conditions. Drying times may vary depending on cleaning method, surface porosity and weather.
- In warmer months or conditions, it is recommended to seal in the morning before the sun heats up the surface.
- Do not apply if rain is expected
- Paving & Concrete Sealer Matt is not a waterproofing membrane.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26