Limestone & Sandstone Sealer
Bondall Limestone & Sandstone Sealer is clear siloxane sealer designed to seal, bind and repel moisture from natural and reconstituted limestone and sandstone surfaces.
Surface preparation is critical. Areas affected by efflorescence, grease, mould or bore stain should be treated with the appropriate Bondall cleaning product.
Ensure all surfaces to be sealed with Bondall Limestone & Sandstone Sealer are clean, dry and free from dust and other
contaminants. Any stains present will become more apparent once sealed.
While a surface that has been cleaned with a high pressure water jet or saturated with water may appear dry, we recommend it be allowed to dry for a minimum of 3 days before sealing as the substrate may still contain moisture.
Stir the contents well before and during use. DO NOT SHAKE as shaking will produce air bubbles which may become trapped on the surface.
Apply by low pressure spray (preferred), brush or roller. Proper penetration of the first coat is very important. On horizontal surfaces, do not allow pooling as this will lead to an uneven finish.
Apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has been absorbed by the surface. This is termed as “wet-in-wet” application. The object is to saturate the surface to allow better penetration.
The number of applications depends on the permeability of the substrate. Generally only one “wet-in-wet” application is
enough but for very permeable limestone a further application immediately following the first two may be necessary. Under no circumstances should the surface be allowed to dry and become water repellent before the next application.
Bondall Limestone & Sandstone Sealer's water repellency will develop gradually after the surface is dry. Full curing may take 24 hours or up to 7 days. Avoid heavy traffic for at least 24 hours. Drying times are a guide only. Longer drying times may be required under cooler or humid conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Penetrating sealer
- Water based
- Assists against efflorescence, staining, soiling and algal & fungal growth
- Binds, strengthens Limestone & Sandstone surfaces
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- Dense surfaces
- High density pavers
- Non porous surfaces
- Glazed or semi-glazed surfaces
- Surfaces cleaned with acid based products need to be totally neutralised as any acid residue present may attack the sealer.
- Always test if suffi cient product has been applied by carrying out a splash test.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10ºC or above 35°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours as this could lead to whitening of the coating.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26