Natural Finish Sealer
Bondall Natural Finish Sealer is a revolutionary, penetrating, film forming water based sealer. Enhancing the natural tone of the surface without discolouring the substrate. Natural Finish Sealers durable film will provide strong stain and abrasion resistance.
Surface preparation is critical. It is advisable to allow a minimum of six weeks exposure before sealing onto any newly laid surface. Areas aﬀected by eﬄorescence, grease, mould or bore stain should be treated with the appropriate Bondall cleaning products. Ensure all surfaces to be sealed with Bondall Natural Finish Sealer are clean, dry and free from dust and other contaminants. Any stains present will become more apparent once sealed.
Allow new concrete to age/cure. Typically allow 7 days for each 25mm thickness. Generally concrete takes 28 days to cure to 90% of full strength.
While a surface that has been cleaned with a high pressure water jet or saturated with water may look dry we recommend that it be allowed to dry for a minimum of 3 days before sealing as the substrate may still contain a lot of moisture.
Surfaces cleaned with acid based products needs to be totally neutralised, as any acid residue present will attack the coating.
Stir the contents well before and during use. DO NOT SHAKE as shaking will produce air bubbles which may become trapped on the surface.
Apply by low pressure spray (preferred), brush or roller. Proper penetration of the ﬁrst coat is very important. On horizontal surfaces, do not allow pooling as this will lead to an uneven ﬁnish.
Apply a second coat immediately after the ﬁrst coat has been absorbed by the surface. This is termed a "wet-in-wet" application. The object is to saturate the surface to allow better penetration.
The number of applications depends on the permeability of the substrate. Generally only one "wet-in-wet" application is enough but for very permeable limestone, two or more "wet-in-wet" coats may be required. Additional coats must be applied immediately after the previous coat has been absorbed.
Drying time may vary depending on substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Water resistant
- Seals, binds and protects most masonry surfaces
- Assists with reducing efflorescence
- Resists algal and fungal growth
- Enhances natural colour of surface
- For horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Interior and exterior use
- Sealing concrete
- Natural stone
- Large format paving
- Reconstituted limestone pavers
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- Always test the product on a small inconspicuous area ﬁrst to ensure the product does not react adversely with surface or gives a slippery result. Also check if the surface has been previously sealed by carrying out a splash test, by wetting the surface to see if water beads.
- Application of Bondall Natural Finish Sealer will not prevent the appearance of marks left by tyres etc. in some instances, but will assist with cleaning.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10ºC or above 35°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours as this could lead to whitening of the coating.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
- Over application will result in the surface becoming glossy or a milky ﬁlm may occur from trapped moisture. Applying coating onto substrates experiencing moisture migration may cause a formation of a white milky ﬁlm. May darken some surfaces.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26