Waterproofing Application Kit
Waterproofing application kit contains all the tools needed to easily and successfully apply a waterproofing membrane.
- AquaTite water proofing membrane 4L
- Broad Membrane brush
- Bond Breaker Tape
- Polyweave Material Reinforcement
- Extensive guide for waterproofing applications
Installation of bond breaker tape.
Apply bond breaker tape (supplied) to all corners and/or joins. Allow the tape to bridge the joint or corner with equal amounts of tape on either side ensuring no wrinkles or creases are formed. For shower recesses the Australian Standard AS 3740-2004 requires a bond breaker to be installed at all wall/floor, hob/ wall junctions and at movement joints where the membrane is bonded to the surface.
Installation of Bondall Polyweave reinforcing fabric.
Generously coat 75mm of either side of the bond breaking tape with the selected Bondall waterproofing membrane and while still wet embed a strip of reinforcing fabric into the wet membrane using the brush supplied. All bubbles must be removed from beneath the reinforcing fabric. Ensure the entire fabric is completely covered by applying another coat of membrane onto the fabric and allow this to dry .
Apply 2 coats of waterproofing membrane.
Once dry, apply a fully saturated coat of waterproofing membrane to entire base and sides (walls) and allow to dry. Ensure that the entire fabric is covered without pinholes. After 4 hours or longer if conditions are cold, damp or humid, apply an additional coat at right angles to the previous coat ensuring the complete surface is treated.
Features & Benefits
- Strong reinforcing fabric
- Wets Up Easily
- Resistant to Water
- Resistant to Chemicals
- Multi Directional
- Resistant to Rot
- Perfect for waterproofing shower recess corner joints
- Designed to be used with Bondall's waterproofing membranes:
- PondTite and
- Waterbased Bitumen Membrane
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Do not allow the waterproofing membrane to get wet whilst drying.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Clean all equipment promptly after use with warm soapy water
- Use methylated spirits if the products has dried or hardened.
- Please dispose of waste material responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26