Waterbased Bitumen Membrane
Waterbased Bitumen Membrane is a quality general purpose flexible membrane, reinforced with rubber latex to provide flexibility and increased strength.
Surface preparation is critical. Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from dust laitance and other contaminants and in a sound condition. Corroded metals should be wire brushed and treated with an anti-corrosive primer.
When repairing areas with small holes or cracks or when joint movement is likely, reinforce these areas using Bondall Poly Weave. Apply a priming coat and work Bondall Poly Weave into Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane using a roller or brush. Allow to dry completely.
Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane must always be applied to the positive side (i.e. to prevent moisture entering the substrate).
Stir well before use. Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane can be applied by brush or roller.
Apply in even coats, referring to the coverage rates. Do not attempt to achieve high ﬁlm thickness in one coat. Apply the second coat at right angles (90º) to the ﬁrst coat. When used, ensure Bondall Poly Weave is covered completely. A minimum of 2 coats must be applied.
Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane may be recoated after 30 minutes. Do not backfill until after 7 days.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable to be immersed
- Safe for contact with drinking water
- Retaining walls
- Planter boxes
- Gutters and down pipes
Areas Of Use
- Do not apply when temperature is below 10ºC or relative humidity is above 80% or when rain is expected within 24 hours
- We recommend a minimum of 2 coats. In some cases depending on the type of substrates or uneven surfaces, 3 coats may be required.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Clean all equipment promptly with mineral turps, followed by warm water with a little detergent and a fresh water rinse immediately after use.
- Do not pour contents or washings down drains or sinks.
- Dispose as per your local council regulations.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Wear protective clothing and eyewear.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26