Thompson's Water Seal Ultra
Thompson's Water Seal Ultra is a unique high performance transparent water repellant that penetrates exterior brickwork and cementatious substrates. It's unique, one coat application, is designed to penetrate exterior brick and stonework, so to provide a barrier against rain damage.
It is suitable for exterior brickwork, pointing, rendering and concrete type surfaces. It is not suitable for wood substrates.
Thompson's Water Seal Ultra is recommended for use on all types of exterior brickwork and stone, which is above ground level and free from cracks exceeding 0.15 mm width.
Thompson's Water Seal Ultra should be applied to clean surfaces which are free from moulds, fungal coatings and all other coatings which may interfere with the penetration of Thompson's Water Seal Ultra. Remove moulds and fungal growths by brushing with a stiﬀ bristle brush. Eradicate any fungal or mould growth by treating aﬀected areas with dilute household bleach solution (1 part bleach to 4 parts water) preferable applied in dry weather. Leave for 48 hours and rinse area thoroughly with water, and allow to dry.
Thompson's Water Seal Ultra can be applied to dry and damp (but not saturated) areas. Ensure that the whole wall is treated, not just isolated areas. Application Shake the can vigorously before use. Apply using brush or roller in one continuous operation. On vertical surfaces, working from the bottom up, divide the area into approximately 1 metre sections. Each section should then be fully saturated. Best results are achieved by brushing/rolling in all directions, paying particular attention to mortar lines. Rework the section to ensure complete saturation. Finish each section before moving onto the next. On horizontal surfaces saturate well. After 15 minutes remove puddles by redistributing to dry areas. Use at full strength. Do not dilute.
Thompson's Water Seal Ultra is touch dry in approximately 2 hours. Drying time will vary depending on the absorbency of the surface, temperature and relative humidity.
Features & Benefits
- Low viscosity
- High penetration
- One Coat Application
surfaces consisting of:
- exterior brickwork,
- and concrete
Areas Of Use
or Low Pressure Spray
- Coverage will vary depending on the texture and porosity of the surface to be treated.
- Thompson's Water Seal Ultra is not recommended for use over painted areas. Carry out any repairs and ﬁll any surface cracks prior to treatment.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Clean all equipment promptly after use with mineral turpentine
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Please dispose of waste material responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26