PondTite is the perfect solution for waterproofing outdoor masonry surfaces engineered as a tough, easy to clean, seamless membrane with high resistance against algal and fungal growth and won’t harm the delicate environment of the fish.
Carefully clean and prepare the surface, filling cracks and treating renewable moisture if necessary.
Remove any previous coatings; clean away dirt, grease and other contaminants. Fill any minor holes or cracks with a fine sand/cement mortar, such as Bondall Hydrocrete. Larger cracks, corners and joint may need additional attention.
Apply with a medium to firm bristle brush allowing 12 hours between coats.
Stir slowly with a broad blade or paddle. In warm conditions application can be aided by diluting with no more than 5% clean water. Complete small areas at a time to a minimum coating of 0.6mm.
Allow 12 hours between coats. Leave the final coat to dry for 7 days before use.
We recommend leaving the product to dry overnight (but do not exceed 72 hours between coats). After 7 days clean the pond by mixing a small amount of dishwashing liquid into a bucket of water and sponge the surface clean to remove any residue. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, fill the pond and leave it for 2 days. Empty and refill with clean water. Before adding plants or fish carefully following water conditioning instructions from fish or aquaculture suppliers.
Features & Benefits
- High resistance against algal and fungal growth
- Won’t harm the delicate environment of the fish
- Fish ponds
- Bird baths
- Water features
- Non-potable tanks
- Reflecting pools
Areas Of Use
PondTite is not suitable for:
- Swimming pools & spas
- Glass or fibreglass
- Glazed or semi-glazed surfaces
- Plastic, metal or wood
- Use with other 'Tite" membranes
- On non-porous surfaces
- Check the weather - do not apply if the temperature is below 10°C, humidity is high or rain is expected.
- Leave to dry overnight (but do not exceed 72 hours between coats). A minimum of 2 coats will be needed for waterproofing.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Clean all equipment promptly after use with warm soapy water
- Use methylated spirits if the products has dried or hardened.
- Please dispose of waste material responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26