Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer is an effective, all purpose transparent water repellent that penetrates dry, porous, exterior surfaces to form a water repellent barrier which helps to prevent water damage.
Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer allows the treated surface to breathe enabling moisture vapour inside to escape whilst protecting against water penetration and damage. It is not recommended for protection against total immersion in water.
Cover all adjacent areas such as decorative coating, glass, plastic and window frames. Any overspray should be removed with mineral turps immediately.
Ensure all surfaces to be sealed with Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer are clean, dry and free from dust and other contaminants which may interfere with penetration of the Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer.
Ensure all surfaces are dry as Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer will not penetrate a wet or damp surface.
Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer can be applied by brush, roller, dipping or low pressure spray. On vertical surfaces, saturate well, working from the bottom up. On horizontal surfaces saturate well.
After 15 minutes remove puddles by redistributing to dry areas. In case of over application wipe with a cloth soaked in mineral turpentine.
For maximum protection apply two coats. On masonry the second coat may be applied as soon as the ﬁrst coat has soaked into the surface. On other substrates allow at least 24 hours between coats.
Ensure that the whole area is treated, not just isolated areas.
Drying time will vary depending on the surface type and weather conditions. Allow 7 - 10 days before painting over with oil based paint or stain and 45 days with water based paint or stain.
Features & Benefits
- Penetrating sealer
- Allows the surface to breathe
- Usable on a variety of surfaces
- Can be painted over
Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer waterproofs most types of bricks, stone and concrete helping to reduce eﬄorescence (the formation of white surface deposits). New concrete must be aged for 28 days or 1 week per inch (2.5cm.)
Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer is ideal for waterprooﬁng most types of wood, even preservative treated timber. It helps reduce splitting, raising grain, shrinking, swelling and deterioration caused by wetting and drying. Note: Does not prevent timber greying.
Bondall Multi Surface Waterproofer waterproofs natural fabric, canvas, tents, tarpaulins, shoes, backpacks, sleeping bags, ground sheets etc. (Note: may darken certain fabrics, do not apply to synthetic fabric or thread).
Areas Of Use
or Low Pressure Spray
1L = 7m2 (2nd Coat)
- Do not use on painted surfaces, ponds, roofs, garden retaining walls, as a damp proof membrane or where positive water pressure is likely.
- Do not use on asphalt, synthetic ﬁbres, plastic or natural rubber.
- Do not spray onto vegetation.
- Very porous substrates may require additional coats.
- Ensure adequate ventilation is used.
- May cause some substrates to darken when treated. We recommend testing in an inconspicuous area prior to coating the entire area. May cause some plasters and sandstone type substrates to "bleed" resulting in discolouration.
- Always test the product on a small inconspicuous area ﬁrst to ensure the product does not react adversely with the surface. Also check if the surface has previously been sealed by carrying out a splash test by wetting the surface with water to see if water beads.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Clean all equipment promptly after use with mineral turpentine
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Please dispose of waste material responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26