Waterbased Clear Wood Varnish
Australia’s own premium quality, clear, waterbased finish for interior and undercover exterior wood. Monocel Clear Wood Varnish is quick drying, and specifically designed with day-to-day use in mind, providing superior protection for your wood. Monocel Waterbased Clear Varnish provides exceptional protection against abrasions, knocks, and rings left by hot & cold cups.
Surface preparation is important. Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces.
Timber must be weathered prior to application, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges. All previous non-waterbased paints, varnishes, lacquer and shellac must be removed. Ensure surface is cleaned of all dust, oil and contaminants (using appropriate cleaners/ treatments to achieve a varnish ready surface) Allow timber to dry out thoroughly.
Stir well for 5 minutes using a broad (25mm) timber or metal paddle. Continue to stir during application. Do not shake tin. Apply using a clean good quality, soft paintbrush, applicator pad or roller, or spay on. for large areas, use a short nap mohair roller.
First apply a thin sealer coat. Leave to dry for 2hrs. Fill any imperfections, before applying a further 2 coats, lightly sanding in between each coat with 240 grit sandpaper. Always brush in direction of the grain. Remove any dust before re-coating.
Allow 2 hours drying between each coat. Apply a minimum 2 coats.
We recommend you give your newly sealed timber a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, dusting off thoroughly with a tack rag, before proceeding to apply the undiluted coats. Touch dry in 1 hour, for optimum drying in harsher weather conditions allow 24hrs.
Features & Benefits
- Fast Drying. 2 hour recoat
- Environmentally friendly waterbased solution
- Low odour and VOC's
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent abrasion and yellowing resistance
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Covered Outdoor furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most timber surfaces
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
- Once the surface is prepared, apply waterbased wood stain if required, prior to Monocel Clear Wood Varnish.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- To increase sheen level, apply additional coats
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in Bondall Waterbased TURPS.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26