Bondall TimberEffects GP Primer Sealer is a WATERBASED coating designed for application to fibre cement and similar stable substrates prior to application of Bondall TimberEffects.
It is based on a blend of resins specially chosen for their substrate binding characteristics and provides an excellent key for Bondall TimberEffects.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease or dirt.
Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion. Any loosely adhered coating must be removed. All nail holes should be filled with a water-based filler. Sand the filler back prior to coating.
Stir well before and during use with a broad flat paddle.
Apply one coat with a good quality dry brush. Brisk, uniform application is essential to maintain a wet edge, especially in hot weather.
Bondall Monocel TimberEffects Primer is quick drying.
Drying time is 1hr depending on temperature, humidity and other weather conditions. Apply a second coat of GP Primer and allow to dry before using Bondall’s Timber Effects.
Features & Benefits
- Promotes excellent inter-coat adhesion
- Provides a good neutral background
- Easy to use, easy to clean and non-toxic
- Helps overcome substrate colour variations
- Provides an excellent key for Bondall Timber Effects
- Gives excellent adhesion to hardi-board, fibre cement board and similar substrates
- Fibre Cement
Colour to be used as a guide only.
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
Durability of Finish
- Once the surface is prepared apply wood stain if required.
- GP Primer is the perfect compliment to Bondall’s Timber Effects as it provides a neutral background.
- Do not apply in temperatures below 10º C
- Thinning is not usually required except on hot days when 50ml of Hot Weather Thinner per one litre is recommended.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26