TimberEffects Decking & Timber Finish
Bondall TimberEffects - Decking and Timber Finish is a unique WATER BASED, translucent INTERIOR/EXTERIOR coating specially designed for application to timber decking, fibre cement weather boards, MDF skirting boards, ColorbondTM garage doors and laminated cupboard doors to create a natural timber look.
It is based on a revolutionary 100% acrylic resin specially chosen for its excellent exterior durability and film hardness. TimberEffects contains a strong fungicide to protect and preserve.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease or dirt.
Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion. Any loosely adhered coating must be removed. All nail holes should be filled with a water-based filler. Sand the filler back prior to coating.
Stir well before and during use with a broad flat paddle.
Apply using a good quality applicator pad or paint brush in one horizontal direction only, laying off in the same direction. Brisk, uniform application is essential to maintain a wet edge, especially in hot weather. Application commenced on a single area must be uninterrupted.
The product will leave some brush marks with darker and lighter shades upon drying, giving it unique TimberEffects.
After the first coat of TimberEffects has been allowed to dry, apply second coat of TimberEffects
Features & Benefits
- Water based.
- Colours and enhances timber without hiding the natural grain.
- Excellent adhesion to fibre cement, MDF board and similar stable substrates.
- Superior resistance to dirt pick-up.
- Excellent exterior durability.
- Easy to use, easy clean up and non-toxic.
- Very good water resisting characteristics.
- Produces a timber grain effect on non-timber substrates and previously coated timber when applied over Bondall TimberEffects Gp Primer Sealer.
- Fibre Cement
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
Durability of Finish
- Please refer to Bondall’s preparation instructions for FIBRE CEMENT, MDF, COLORBOND & LAMINATE.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Do not over-apply.
- Thinning is not usually required except on hot days when 50ml of Hot Weather Thinner per one litre is recommended.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26