Stain & VarnishBondall Monocel Stain and Varnish is a combined timber stain and varnish for use on most woodwork, timber furniture, and timber panelling. For extra protection on furniture and woodwork, overcoat with Monocel Clear Timber Varnish or Monocel Gold for a marine grade finish.
Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges as necessary.
Remove all previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer and wipe the surface clean of dust. Stir often during application to ensure an even coat.
Stir well for 5 minutes and then apply with a soft paintbrush, applicator pad, roller or suitable spray.
The first application is a sealer coat. Thin some of the varnish with 10-15% clean mineral turps and apply as above. Leave this coat to dry for 4 hours, fill any imperfections and then leave to dry fully for 24 hours before applying further coats.
Allow 24 hours drying time between each coat.
3-4 coats are needed for maximum protection, however you can use Monocel Clear Timber Varnish for the final coats if you’re happy with the stained colour before the minimum coats are achieved. A light sanding between coats is recommended with 240-grit sandpaper. Remove any dust before recoating.
Features & Benefits
- Single pack stain and varnish
- Easy to use
- Timber furniture
- Timber panelling
- Timber architraves
- Most dressed timber surfaces
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
- To deepen the colour, apply additional coats.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- If spraying, coats can be thinned with 10-15% clean mineral turpentine to aid application.
- If conditions are warm, thinning additional coats with no more than 5% clean mineral turpentine will ease application.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26