Gold Clear Timber Varnish
A high-performance, easy to use marine grade clear finish for the ultimate protection of timber surfaces in Australia’s harsh exterior environment. Incorporating advanced nanoZTM technology specifically to combat the effects of UV light exposure.
Monocel Gold Clear Timber Varnish provides the highest level of protection to preserve the colour and texture of interior and exterior timber surfaces
Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges as necessary.
Remove all previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer and wipe the surface clean of dust. Stir often during application to ensure an even coat.
For aerosol application details go here.
Stir well for 5 minutes and then apply with a soft paintbrush, applicator pad, roller or suitable spray.
The first application is a sealer coat. Thin some of the varnish with 10-15% clean mineral turps and apply as above. Leave this coat to dry for 4 hours and fill any imperfections.
Allow each coat to dry for 24 hours before applying further undiluted coats.
3-4 coats is required for the highest level of protection. A light sanding between coats is recommended with 240-grit sandpaper. Remove any dust before re-coating.
Features & Benefits
- Single pack Aliphatic Polyurethane
- Contains nanoZ™ Zinc Oxide for superior protection against harmful UV degradation
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent abrasion and yellowing resistance
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Available in convenient aerosol pack
- Marine trims
- Harsh exterior conditions
- External doors
- Outdoor furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most timber surfaces
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- Once the surface is prepared, apply wood stain if required, before finishing with the clear varnish.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Do not use below 10º C, or above 30º C.
- If spraying, coats can be thinned with 10-15% clean mineral turpentine to aid application.
- If conditions are warm, thinning additional coats with no more than 5% clean mineral turpentine will ease application.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26