Bondall Monocel Decking Oil is a high performance, UV enhanced, naturally pigmented enriching oil finish providing maximum exterior durability for timber decking.
The formulation protects timber from exterior conditions, highlighting the natural beauty and extending the life of your timber decking, patio or porch.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease or dirt.
Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion. Any loosely adhered coating must be removed. All nail holes should be filled with a water-based filler. Sand the filler back prior to coating.
Stir well before and during use with a broad flat paddle.
Use a good quality soft, clean paintbrush, applicator pad, short nap roller or by spray. If large areas are to be coated we recommend the use of a short nap mohair roller to assist with application. Reapply as timber changes colour or decreased water repellency is observed.
Touch dry in 4 hours but it is recommended that the product be left a minimum 24 hrs before recoating.
Then lightly sand the surface with 240 grit sandpaper. Thoroughly dust the surface (a tack rag is recommended) before recoating.
Features & Benefits
Triple protection for timber
- Protects against Water
- Protects against UV
- Protects against fungal growth
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
Durability of Finish
- Not recommended for use on rough sawn timbers.
- Deposits of grease or wax should be removed with Turpentine.
- Ensure new and freshly sanded timber is coated immediately. Do not weather for more than 2 weeks.
- Thinning is not usually required except on hot days when 50ml of Hot Weather Thinner per one litre is recommended.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26