Clear Timber Varnish
Australia’s own premium quality, clear finish for interior and exterior timber is designed with the harsh Australian climate in mind. Providing good adhesion with superior protection, Monocel features advanced nanoZTM technology (which harnesses the energy of Invisible Zinc). It helps protect your timber from the harmful effects of UV light exposure.
Surface preparation is important. All surfaces to be coated with All Purpose Timber Sealer should be clean and dry, free from wax, oil, grease and other contaminates. fine sand and ensure all sharp corners and edges are rounded off and then thoroughly dusted.
All previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer must be totally removed before coating with Monocel Clear Timber Varnish. A wood stain can be applied at this stage if required.
Allow sealer coat to dry a minimum of 4 hours before filling any imperfections with a suitably coloured putty/stopper. Allow to dry for 24 hours before lightly sanding and proceeding with subsequent coats.
For Aerosol application details go to here.
Stir well for 5 minutes using a broad (25mm) timber or metal paddle. Continue to stir during application. Do not shake tin. Apply using a clean good quality, soft paintbrush, applicator pad or roller, or spay on. for large areas, use a short nap mohair roller.
Thin the first (sealer) coat with 10 - 15% clean mineral turpentine, applying to all end grains and joints before affixing. After at least 4 hours drying time, fill any imperfections with a suitable coloured putty/stopper.
Allow the sealer coat 24 hours drying time, then lightly sand with 240-grit sandpaper and dust off thoroughly (tack rag reccomended)
Apply a further 3 - 4 coats, allowing at least 24 hours drying time between coats (longer in cold, or humid conditions). Coats should be undiluted (or thin with nomore that 5% clean mineral turpentine to aid application in warm conditions). If spraying, coats can be thinned with no more than 10% cean mineral turpentine to aid application.
Do not apply if temperature is below 10 ºC or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
Monocel Clear Timber Varnish will be touch dry in 4 hours but it is recommended that the product be left a minimum of 12 hours before sanding and re-coating. drying times are a guide only. Longer drying times will be required in cooler or humid conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Single pack Aliphatic Polyurethane
- Contains nanoZ™ Zinc Oxide for superior protection against harmful UV degradation
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent abrasion and yellowing resistance
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Available in convenient aerosol pack
- Covered Outdoor furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most timber surfaces
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
UV Protection Level
- Once the surface is prepared, apply wood stain if required, prior to Monocel Clear Timber Varnish.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- If spraying, coats can be thinned with 10-15% clean mineral turpentine to aid application.
- If conditions are warm, thinning additional coats with no more than 5% clean mineral turpentine will ease application. (Do not apply if temperature is above 30C).
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26