Clear Timber Varnish - 300g Aerosol
Australia’s own premium quality, clear finish for interior and exterior timber is designed with the harsh Australian climate in mind. Providing good adhesion with superior protection, Monocel features advanced nanoZTM technology (which harnesses the energy of Invisible Zinc). It helps protect your timber from the harmful effects of UV light exposure.
Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges as necessary.
Remove all previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer and wipe the surface clean of dust.
Shake often during application to ensure an even coat.
Shake the can for one full minute after you hear the pellet rattling.
Adjust the fan jet as necessary - keeping the can vertical (see illustration). Keep the can approx. 25cm from the surface at all times while spraying.
Spray with slow, even strokes, beginning and ending each stroke beyond the surface being coated.
Do not apply if temperature is below 10 ºC or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
The first application is a sealer coat. Leave this coat to dry for 4 hours, fill any imperfections and then leave to dry fully for 24 hours before applying further coats.
Leave the sealer coat to dry for 24 hours then apply a further 3-4 undiluted coats.
Allow 24 hours drying time between each coat. We recommend you give your newly sealed timber a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, dusting off thoroughly with a tack rag, before proceeding to apply the undiluted coats.
Features & Benefits
- Single pack Aliphatic Polyurethane
- Contains nanoZ™ Zinc Oxide for superior protection against harmful UV degradation
- Very good adhesion to substrate
- Excellent abrasion and yellowing resistance
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Available in convenient aerosol pack
- Marine trims
- Harsh exterior conditions
- Outdoor furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most timber surfaces
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- A wood stain can be applied after preparing the surface if required
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- This can will cover approximately 2.2square metres, depending on texture and porosity of surface.
- Keying back with a scourer pad is ideal.
- Suitable for plywood, outdoor furniture, timber panelling, architraves, marine trim and most other timber surfaces, but is not recommended for use on rough sawn timbers.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- After use, turn the can upside down and depress nozzle for one second to clear the fan jet.
- Provide adequate ventilation during use.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26