All Purpose Timber Sealer
All Purpose Timber Sealer is a revolutionary penetrating 100% acrylic sealer. It will seal, bind, protect and is a water repellant for most timber surfaces. It is designed for subsequent topcoating and is not intended as a permanent coating. Once a surface has been treated with All Purpose Timber Sealer it can be coated with Bondall’s Timber Care Range.
The penetrating properties of the product make it ideal for sealing timber
All surfaces should be clean and dry, free from wax, oil, grease and other contaminates.
New dressed timber should be finely sanded and then thoroughly dusted prior to the application, this includes filling any holes. It may be necessary to wipe the surface down with a mild sugar soap solution prior to coating it.
Stir contents and apply evenly to the surface by brush, roller or spray.
Stir well before and during use. DO NOT SHAKE. Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
Allow drying for 30 minutes before applying the second coat. Allow 1-3 hours drying before top coating.
Apply each coat neat and evenly. Proper penetration of the first coat is essential. Should only one coat be applied check for beading of water when surface is dry to indicate the coating is effective.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to use
- Quick re-coating time
- Water clean up
- Water repellant
- Untreated timber
- Skirting boards
- MDF boards
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
UV Protection Level
- Carry out a Splash Test to check for adequate coverage.
- Coverage may increase on hard wood and decrease on soft wood.
- Over application can result in the surface becoming glossy.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in mineral turpentine.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26