- Surface preparation is critical. Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from dust laitance and other contaminants and in a sound condition.
- Corroded metals should be wire brushed and treated with an anti-corrosive primer.
- When repairing areas with small holes or cracks or when joint movement is likely, reinforce these areas using Bondall Poly Weave. Apply a priming coat and work Bondall Poly Weave into Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane using a roller or brush. Allow to dry completely.
- Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane must always be applied to the positive side (i.e. to prevent moisture entering the substrate).
- Stir well before use.
- Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane can be applied by brush or roller.
- Apply in even coats, referring to the coverage rates. Do not attempt to achieve high ﬁlm thickness in one coat.
- Apply the second coat at right angles (90º) to the ﬁrst coat.
- When used, ensure Bondall Poly Weave is covered completely.
- A minimum of 2 coats must be applied.
Bondall Water Based Bituminous Membrane may be recoated after 30 minutes. Do not backﬁll until after 7 days.
Do not apply when temperature is below 10ºC or relative humidity is above 80% or when rain is expected within 24 hours.