Gold Clear Timber Varnish
Australia’s own environmentally friendly, low odour, water based varnish providing premium protection for your internal and external timber. This fast drying, high performance varnish protects your timber from the harmful effects of UV light exposure.
With excellent adhesion and a high block resistance it provides a tough protective coating. Designed with the harsh Australian climate in mind this product provides superior timber protection without the need for chemical clean up. A family friendly varnish that packs a protective punch!
- Non flammable
- Water based
- No drips, runs or waste
- Suitable indoor & outdoor use
Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges as necessary.
Remove all previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer and wipe the surface clean of dust..
Stir well for 5 minutes and then apply with a soft paintbrush, applicator pad or suitable spray. The first application is a sealer coat.
Thinning is not usually necessary but if you prefer, thin with 5% clean water and apply as above. Leave this coat to dry for 1 hour, fill any imperfections, then leave to dry fully for 4 hours before applying further coats.
Leave the sealer coat to dry fully for 4 hours then apply a further 2-3 undiluted coats.
Allow 4 hours drying time between each coat. We recommend you give your newly sealed timber a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, dusting off thoroughly with a tack rag, before proceeding to apply the undiluted coats
Features & Benefits
- Single pack
- Hard durable finish
- Excellent durability and gloss retention
- Outdoor Furniture
- Timber panelling
- Most dressed timber
- Door and windows
Areas Of Use
UV Protection Level
- Not recommended for rough sawn surfaces
- Stir often throughout application to ensure an even coat.
- This product is normally touch dry in 1 hour but drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26