Decking & Timber Stain
Australia’s own environmentally friendly, low odour, water based coating providing premium protection for your internal and external timber. This fast drying, high performance stain incorporates revolutionary acrylic resin and transparent iron oxides specially chosen for its excellent exterior durability and film hardness.
Designed to colour and enhance timber with a translucent finish and has superior adhesion properties.
Do not apply if temperature is below 10°C or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Non flammable
- Water based
- No drips, runs or waste
- Suitable indoor & outdoor use
Carefully clean and prepare all surfaces, fine sanding and rounding off sharp edges as necessary.
Remove all previous paint, varnish, shellac or lacquer and wipe the surface clean of dust.
Stir well for 5 minutes and then apply with a soft paintbrush, applicator pad or suitable spray. The first application is a sealer coat.
Thinning is not usually necessary but if you prefer, thin with 5% clean water and apply as above. Leave this coat to dry for 2 hours, fill any imperfections and then leave to dry fully for 4 hours before applying further coats.
Leave the sealer coat to dry fully for 4 hours then apply a further 2-3 undiluted coats.
Allow 4 hours drying time between each coat. We recommend you give your newly sealed timber a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper, dusting off thoroughly with a tack rag, before proceeding to apply the undiluted coats.
Features & Benefits
- Environmentally Friendly
- High UV absorption technology
- Timber Decking
- MDF skirting boards
- Ply wood
Areas Of Use
Toughness of Finish
UV Protection Level
- Not recommended for rough sawn surfaces
- Stir often throughout application to ensure an even coat.
- This product is normally touch dry in 2 hours but drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator.
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26