Bondall HydroCrete is a water-resistant bonding and sealing agent.
It provides outstanding resistance to hydrolysis and is a perfect admixture for concrete and cement mortars.
All surfaces should be clean and free from dust, grease or oil and any other contaminants. Do not attempt to apply Hydrocrete to an unsound surface. Smooth surfaces must be roughened to provide adequate key.
SEALER: (1 part Hydrocrete: 4 parts water) is a suitable surface porosity reducer prior to application of other cementitious top coats.
ADMIXTURE: Hydrocrete as an admixture (1 part Hydrocrete, 1 part water) is an ideal admix ratio for concrete toppings, concrete plasters etc where workability and minimisation of concrete cracking is desirable.
TOPPINGS RENDER OR PATCHING: Apply sealer coat of (1 part Hydrocrete: 4 parts water) and allow to dry. Apply a bond-coat of Hydrocrete (1 part Hydrocrete: 1 part cement) and while still tacky carry out topping or patching. Use Hydrocrete as admixture (1 part Hydrocrete: 1 part water) in the topping/patching mixture in place of normal water.
BOND COAT FOR USE OVER GLASS GLAZED TILES, STEEL OR DENSE CONCRETE: Apply a brush coat of (1 part Hydrocrete: 1 part cement) by volume. Allow the coating to dry. Apply a bond-coat of (1 part Hydrocrete: 1 part cement) by volume, and while the bond coat is still tacky apply the render over the prepared surface.
TILING IN WET AREAS: Note. Many areas within domestic dwellings require a waterprooﬁng system to be installed to Australian Standard AS.3740; this process is usually completed before bonding the screed to the surface. Bondall has speciﬁc systems for this. Once the applicable waterprooﬁng is completed apply a bond-coat of Hydrocrete (1 part Hydrocrete: 1 part cement) to the treated surface and while still tacky apply screed.
Drying time will depend on the application and substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Water resistant
- Perfect for wet areas and exterior applications
- Contains a styrene-butadien latex to provide excellent adhesion
- Bare Concrete
- Wet Areas
- As an Admix
Always test the product on a small inconspicuous area first to ensure the product does not react adversely with the surface.
- Can be used on glass and metal surfaces when added to cement
- A HydroCrete/Cement mix is an ideal intermediate coating for adhesion of concrete, tiles etc.
Clean - Up
Cleaning is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Skin: wash the area well with running water.
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor.
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26